Monday, August 20, 2007

Legendaria Ferox Records de Russ Gabriel esta de Volta




Ferox Records began releasing cool cutting-edge UK techno way back in 1993 but stopped in 2001. Now Ferox Records are back with a new EP from Paul Hannah. Beatportal caught up with Ferox’ head honcho Russ Gabriel to find out more about Ferox’ second phase.

How does it feel to be back?

“It feels amazing to be back. I think we last released something back in 2001.

“The whole way of distributing electronic music has changed since then.

“It’s a really exciting time for us and a brand new challenge.

“I can’t wait to get the first vinyl single (Too Funk ‘Idemo Opet EP’) out there again.

“The download only series has already kicked off and the first Paul Hannah single is getting a huge response.

“The response in general so far has been about 100 times more than I had expected and we are receiving an enormous amount of encouragement for getting things off the ground again.

So why did you decide to start Ferox again?

“Basically, I’ve got the bug back.

“It’s like once I am in the studio I don’t want to leave. I have the same feeling I had way back in the beginning and new technology is one of the reasons for that.

“I’m really excited about things.

“To be directly involved in the electronic music scene is something that I have really missed and it’s where my heart is.

“The break has actually really helped me get my focus back.

“It’s a full on 24 hour a day involvement again in the scene and in what I love – music.”

Ferox championed UK techno back in the day, is that the plan this time around?

“The success we had before was a massive surprise, really.

“We will just do the same this time what we did last time: release music that we really like from innovative artists.

“Things are incredibly different now.

“There are so many labels out there now that no matter how good the music is, it’s hard to break through.

“It’s really important that every record receives the right promotion.

“I don’t see any reason why we can’t pick up where we left off and take it on from there.

“We have some amazing music lined up and I’m really excited about it.”

Can you reveal more about the amazing music you’ve got coming up?

“I think about 95% of the artists from way back have been in touch through our Myspace page.

“We will be releasing some music for sure from some of the original artists alongside some new signings.

“We have just started putting the ‘Adventures in Techno Soul 3’ compilation together.

“The first two featured our regular artists like myself, Aubrey, Synchrojack as well as Kenny Dixon, Carl Craig, Derrick Carter, Dan Curtin, Stasis and many others.

“On AITS3 we already have Dan Curtin and John Tejada onboard and we are negotiating with a few other people from the States and from over here.

“We won’t know the full list for some weeks yet though.”

Apart from releases, is there plans to push the Ferox brand in other ways?

“Finding the right place is really important.

“After a few singles, we have the compilation and my album coming next year.

“We are also thinking about doing a DVD at the moment.

“That would be a lot of fun and a great way for people to check out our artists and see what we are about.

“We are also starting a club night here in Stuttgart.

“We’ve narrowed it down to a few venues at the moment.

“The right place is really important.

“We hope to have that up and running by the end of the year.

“We’ll be doing another run of T-Shirts at some point but at the moment I just want to concentrate on the music and getting things off to the best possible start. There’s a lot of work to do.”







* [copia do magazine eletronico londrino beatportal]

* [mais infos no my space do label: www.myspace.com/feroxrecords]

* [ curiosidade: nos anos 90 o Dj Oblongui tocou muitas perolas da Ferox nas pistas de Brasilia]

No comments: